Monday, April 20, 2009

2008 in Review ... Part 1

Before we get started, I just have to vent that I am so irritated with the editing of this post. I have been working on it FOREVER and cannot get the pictures to stay where I put them! So, I published it anyway but this is not what this post is supposed to look like. It should be more organized. As Grandma says, "WHATEVER"!
It has been over a year now since my last post and I have heard several complaints ;) So, back by popular demand … here is a recap of 2008. I am doing this post in 2 parts, the first 6 months and then I’ll follow up with the second six months in a few days or so ... so be patient ;)

I’ll start with ’08 and then do more current posts to get you all caught up to the present date.

Long-lost entry …

I found this post I began in December of 2007 but apparently I never posted. It was funny to read though and remember where I was just a year ago ... so here it is ...

“Monday was Makayla and Daddy’s day out. When he got home from meetings around noon he took Makayla Christmas shopping for the rest of the day so I could rest. I have been sooooo sick. When they came home we went to dinner and the movies. We watched “This Christmas” and it was Makayla’s first movie. She did really well. Actually, we bribed her with popcorn, twizzlers, and an extra large slurpee ;) She stood, danced, and clapped whenever music came on and stuffed her little face the rest of the time. It was fun. Here are some pix of Makky and Daddy at the arcade.




She also puts her own shoes on now. Sometimes she gets it right and other times not so much …

Tuesday is always Steve’s day off so we all went shopping again. Apparently we spend a lot of time at the mall ;) Steve bought me a very special gift from Louis Vuitton … woo hoo!!!! My excitement curbed the nausea momentarily but I ended up puking out of the car 3 times on the way home … boo! I think Steve was more concerned about me puking in the new Cadillac … ha!




Wednesday Daddy had to go back to work so it was lazy days for us girls again. We watched TV, ate lots of Jello, read some books, and practiced putting on shoes.”

How could I have forgotten to post about my new Louis Vuitton bag?!?!? LOL


January

As you read in my last post, I was sooooo sick in the beginning of my pregnancy with Nia. I actually stayed sick until after 20 weeks!!!! They put me on Zofran which is the same medication they give to chemo patients for nausea but it didn’t really help. I was in bed or on the couch all of January and February so those months were pretty uneventful. Luckily we were home for the off-season so I had help with Makayla.

I guess there was one semi-important event … Steve and I got married on January 9th!!!! I had private health insurance at the time and they wouldn’t cover my Zofran and the NFL doesn’t recognize domestic partnerships … so, Steve and I left Makayla with my mom and went to the courthouse that afternoon. I looked lovely ;) Erin came over to do my hair for me because I didn’t have the strength to stand and straighten it myself. I wore a little makeup, jeans, a long sleeved hooded white t-shirt and viola … a bride! I don’t remember what Steve wore. After a couple hours, paperwork, exchanging vows in a tiny cubicle type chapel, we were Mr. & Mrs. We didn’t tell anyone. It was very spur of the moment. After, we celebrated by Steve rushing me home to get back to bed and he went to an NBA game with his brother. SO ROMANTIC! We’ve talked about doing a renewal of our vows in the future on a beach or something … we’ll see. The more time that passes though the more happy I am that we didn’t do the $80,000 “dream wedding” I had always wanted (Mom isn’t as happy). Moving on …

February

Hmmmm, I don’t remember anything from February. We moved back to Miami at the end of February. Oh well, here are some pix of the crazies (Makayla and Dash) from Feb. 2008 …




March

When we went back to Florida we moved into temporary housing since Makayla and I were only going to be there a couple months …

Getting Settled In ... Breakfast of Champions ...



We spent most of March spoiling Makayla before her baby sister came. We went to the



Children’s Museum …









Lion Country Safari …










Miami Seaquarium …
This was soooo gross ...







Church Easter Egg Hunt …





Easter Sunday …















Random pix ...






April

The evenings were gorgeous in Miami so we always went to this little beach by our house …





In April I came home to be closer to my OB and Steve moved into the hotel with the team for camp.
Makayla and I went to the park religiously …






















May
We started swim lessons!!!! Makayla did so good …






Most of the time we swam and went to the park …



There was a Saturday that I took Makayla to ”Baby Loves Disco”. It’s an event where a local nightclub opens during the day for toddlers and there parents. They have the bar stocked with juice boxes and a DJ and different activities. It was really fun. What a genius idea!
Mak got her 1st pedicure ...


Shortly after Steve’s birthday he was released from the Dolphins and signed by the Patriots. So after he moved to New England Makayla and I went out to visit. There was NOTHING to do where Steve lived so we took Makayla to the outlet mall everyday because there was this tiny carousel she loved riding. She thought it was her private carousel. People probably thought we were crazy. Steve would cash out $20 in quarters and we would let her ride until we were out of quarters. The other parents loved us because their kids got a free ride ;)

We also took Makayla to her first musical. We went to see the Backyardigans in Boston.







June

In June we went to one of Les’s fights, Sean’s birthday party, my baby shower and more swimming, swimming, swimming …




















Unfortunately the beginning of June was also the beginning of our battle with Makayla’s asthma. On June 6th Makayla had been really sick and coughing. She was cranky all day so when she fell asleep I put her in her room and went to eat while mom stayed home with her. While I was at dinner mom called and said Makayla didn’t sound good and that I needed to call the Dr. My mom drove her to UrgiKids while I left the restaurant to meet them there. Makayla was not doing good on the drive over and when we got there they rushed us back and ended up calling an ambulance to transport her to CHOC. They were going to transport her to Hoag because they didn’t think she would make it … yes, they said they didn’t think she would make it!!!!, but they got her stabilized and she was able to go to CHOC. Her pulse ox was only 83! I was having a heart attack. This happened several more times throughout the summer. When we got to CHOC they diagnosed her with pneumonia and that’s were we stayed for the next few days.






So, that sums up the first 6 months of 2008. July - December should be coming soon and then we can get to 2009. I'm so excited to get blogging again ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww such cute pics!! Glad you're back blogging again! :0) (and still SO jealous of your gorgeous Louis...)

Lara said...

i heart you and your family. :)