Thursday, June 14, 2007

All better ...

Goodness! It has been quite a week. On Saturday Makayla woke from her nap with 103.8 fever. I used IBuprofen and cool washcloths to keep her fever down but it kept coming back through Monday night. Then, Tuesday morning she woke up and her temperature was 96! A contact we have out here took us to a local pediatrician and translated everything for me. After describing all of Makayla's symptoms the Dr. asked if Makayla had a rash and I said no. Within minutes of the Dr. taking off her shirt to examine her, a rash spread across her body ... it was bizarre! The Dr. said, "Oh, there it is. She is healed now". Apparently she had the "3 day fever" which ends in a rash and means she is healed. It is some weird German Disease and only babies under 3 can get it and once they do they are immune for life. The Dr. said if her fever comes back in the next few days though to bring her back because she could have German Measles ... fabulous ... she hasn't had her MMR vaccine yet so hopefully she just had that "3 day fever" thing. Today her temp. is back to normal and she seems to be cured. We need to get out of this place!!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile, I had some nasty flu bug as well ... basically, it was good times all around. Did I mention we lost ... boo ...

Here is a pic to cheer everyone up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

she looks so beautiful!! me love her. give her kisses from me noah n dash

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much she is changing! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Jake keeps telling me he wants to play with Makayla ('s toys!)

Anonymous said...

Good thing my little Mak Diesel is feeling better before she comes home. I wouldn't want for her to get me sick because I have so many important things to do with my life. ;)

AND, I see that your old habits still haven't changed. Bed looks like it's a mess and you just put the little princess on there as if it were fixed...I can't believe you! No shame...no shame.

Give my girl hugs and kisses from me & tell her me luv her. :)

Anonymous said...

your mom came over today with diapers for dash. thanks! but bOOOOOOOOOO i heard yall aint comin down for another 2 weeks. BOOOOOOOOO.. i was hella excited to see my princess in a couple days. here we go again with the weeklong countdown!! kiss her for me!

Anonymous said...

When are you coming back, I miss that little princess!! Nicholas is walking all over the place and I got a new car, a black prius! Wow aren't I eco-friendly??Call me when you get back and kiss that baby for me!!!
Jennifer and the boys

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.