Thursday, May 03, 2007

All by myself .....

Saturday’s game was fun but too close for comfort … a ‘W’ is a ‘W’ though. Frankfurt is the only 3-0 record so, so far, so good. It’s kind of annoying at the home games because Steve doesn’t play as much. Every team has to have a certain amount of National players (to us that would be international) and one of the German D-linemen on the team is the “STAR” because he has been on the team for something like 8 years … anyway, because he is the star his line starts at the home games and Steve isn’t on his line. So, it’s kind of like the 2nd string starts at home games because their favorite player is on that line … it makes no sense … but that is why Steve starts at away games and not at home. I hope that wasn’t too confusing. When Steve is in though, he does great as usual.
On Sunday we just relaxed and on Monday Grandpa rented a car and the five of us went to Wurzburg. There is an outlet mall there and … what a shock … Steve got a new pair of Nikes … nothing changes ;) After a little shopping we went to a nearby city and did some sightseeing and had lunch. Sunday night we went to a restaurant on the river by our hotel. They didn’t have a highchair so we used Grandpa’s belt to fasten Makayla to a chair … she loved it!
On Tuesday we went downtown to run some errands. I thought I would get some errands run while I still had help since it was Grandma and Grandpa’s last day but everything was closed. May Day is a National holiday here and when they have a holiday EVERYTHING closes. Boo! So, we didn’t do much of anything except hang out.
Grandma and Grandpa left bright and early yesterday morning *tear* and now Makayla and I are on our own. One of the other wives and I went downtown to run the errands I didn’t get done on Tuesday and we had lunch … the other wives here are really nice so I am in good company.
The team travels to Amsterdam this weekend but Makayla and I are staying behind with a few of the other girls and we’re planning a big game watching slumber party … woo hoo!!!! I have a feeling they will be sleeping in another room when they realize Makayla does anything but slumber at night.
The boys were off for 3 days so I wasn’t able to get on the internet but I’m back now! I’m not sure I’ll have much to post now that Grandpa and Grandma are gone … the excursions are on hold until Italy and then Mom and Dad will be here two days after we get back.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhHHHH!!! she has the cutest lil faces everRR!!! she is so funny. i miss her so much. and so does noah. he asks about "his sister" allll the time n he keeps tellin everyone "guess who gonna come to me birthday?? uncle venni #94!!" i missed u last night when i went to target.. my shoppin buddY! k love u guys.. keep postin!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! You guys look like you are adjusting very well, have fun on your girls night, and I hope little Makayla starts getting some sleep! :) We didn't get a chance to watch the last game because it was on at like one in the morning here, but we'll keep our eye out for #94 in the weeks to come! Tell Steve good luck!

Anonymous said...

My Mak Diesel is growing more and more beautiful each day!! YAY!! I can't wait to see her. I love her new tricks and faces. Turning into a Diva already!! That's how I like it. Keep it coming G...

Me luv you guys & miss you!!