Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cinco de what?!?!?!?

While all of you are at home in the states drinking your tequila and celebrating cinco de mayo Makayla and I are holed up here in our hotel room alone waiting for the incoming rainstorm … boo! The team left this morning for Amsterdam and we decided to stay home and not take the 6 hour bus ride over. Hopefully we will make it over to the local sports bar tomorrow to watch the game with no problems. The genius that I am sent the stroller rain cover and my umbrella home with my grandparents, among other things, because I thought for sure we wouldn’t need it … now, the weather report predicts rain.

What a small world, another wife arrived yesterday and she is from Huntington Beach and lives practically down the street. She is really nice and the three of us spent yesterday together while the guys were at practice. It’s nice to have someone out here from the same place. She also used to go to Steve’s church for a long time … bizarre!

I’m so bummed we won’t be at the game tomorrow. The coaches told Steve last night that he has been selected team captain this week! Woot!

Makayla is so funny … I put her down for her nap and then I laid down … I heard heavy breathing and giggles coming from her bed so I looked over and this is what I saw …

… she is too short to see over the rail so she was jumping and when her little head would pop over every few seconds she was laughing because she could see me. I couldn’t help but laugh and take pictures but then I laid her back down to finish her nap (or start it should I say) and she wasn’t too happy.

She also does this kind of jumping thing when she thinks she is dancing, it is too cute. As soon as she gets a little more coordinated Mommy can teach her how to drop it like it’s hot! Hahahahaha, good times!

Enough babbling, it’s time to do a few laps around the hotel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

goood morning. we got up early for peewee soccer today. and we are sooooooooo happy to start off the day with a beautiful new picture. i am being lectured right now on NOT YELLING at the games. ugh whatever. k love u guys. kiss the princess for me.

Anonymous said...

yea it's me again. i figured u'd check this more frequently than ven checks his email. tell him noah scored 4 goals today..although he was a goalie for one quarter and stepped out the game for another 2 mins. his team won 5-1! :) love u guys