Tuesday, May 15, 2007

When in Rome ...

... get engaged? Yes, he did it! It only took 8 years and a baby but Steve actually proposed. We’ve always planned on getting married and he’s asked me in the past but this was a down on one knee, big diamond ring in hand, “will you marry me” … woo hoo!
So, now I’ll tell all …
First, Steve hurt his knee in the game before last so this last game was rough and they lost … boo … then the team got home at 2am and a group of us got back on the bus at 3am to go to Rome. We flew into Rome Sunday morning and spent the day sightseeing. Our hotel had a rooftop terrace, it was beautiful, before we left Steve, Makayla and I went up there. There were flowers everywhere and gorgeous view of Rome. Steve said, “Makayla should we give Mommy her Mother’s Day present?” I was a little confused because Mother’s Day was the day before … anyway, I opened a little white box and when I started opening the ring box Steve got down on one knee. He said a little speech but I was awe struck and hysterical I really have no idea what he said … I was busy staring at my bling and already starting to plan every detail of our wedding … ha! The ring has 3 princess cut diamonds, the one in the center is the biggest, and then there are diamonds down the band and on the front and back of the prongs too …

Here is a picture of my newly engaged hand with Rome in the background. My ring is so shiny it is impossible to get a picture that doesn’t blur it out.

Steve has never been excited about traveling but he LOVED it and wants to go back. He was the biggest tourist of us all. He was the photographer and he took pictures of everything. He wants to take a photography class now just in case his football or boxing careers don’t take off. Here are some other pix of our trip …






17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! It's about time. We love you both. See you Friday - Mom & Dad

Erin said...

Yay!!! We can be engaged together!!! I'll help you plan if you want because I am already busy planning for mine lol. I miss you so much and your mom must take pics of the ring while shes there because yours is so blurry. :) Come home and see us Kyle and I (mainly just me) talk about you all the time. I can't wait until you get home. Give loves to the family.

Lara said...

congratulations! not that it's all too surprising, but still! :) yay for you all!

also, i included you in my mother's day post, in case you're interested in reading it. :) (though i know you're too busy to read up on my life these days.)

Anonymous said...

i'm cryin at work! i'm cryin!! but *tear* thank God for waterproof mascara. VEN - FINALLY! i was so mad u didnt do it in Miami but good job on the romantic Rome setting. but i know she still would have loved my corny suggestions i emailed u. KISS MAKAYLA FOR ME!!! dash noah and i will see u 3 soon! PS: give ur dad some european chocolate to take home for me!!

Anonymous said...

Once again...

"Tell me it's not true...tell me it's not true"
-Sarabi (Simba's mommy)

I'm just joking cry baby...good work. Next time, put more pictures ofmy princess' routine...and more of her solo would be appreciated too.

Anonymous said...

BIG BIG congrats to u n ven!! soooo happyy for u guys!! took him long enough ;D

best of luck to u guys :]

be home safely!!

-patteeh & ches

Anonymous said...

OMG IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! well i cant wait for you to come HOME already!i miss you people so so so much the oc is just not the same with u not here, oh and ps steve lets take class together! ha

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Now you can come home and we can plan our weddings together lol! Holy cow I'm so freakin happy you guys are engaged, and that ring!!! GORGEOUS! Tell Steve Mike and i said good job, and I am SO excited for you guys. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both, I usually look for football info here and pics of the baby(haha) but Rome and you 3 look pretty good too.....

Anonymous said...

i guess when u wake up it will be the 16th. so happy birthday jamba juice monster.. since u only call to talk to ur nephew. don't u know i wanna talk to the princess sometimes too?! ok.. i need to start working. i been on this page all day lookin at my lil bubbas.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am soooo happy for you both. I think its great you can make your cute little family official. Keep me posted I wish you all the happiness in the world, honsetly. -Lindsay Giles

Anonymous said...

Yo G,

In an effort to keep my Mak Diesel looking fly, I have included a couple new 'fits for her to rock while out in Germany with your mom & pops. And not to worry, being fully aware of the importance of education, I have included a book that I chose for her entertainment purposes named, "Perfect...just like me" (or something of that nature). Please take pictures of her wearing her new clothes (preferably her Baby Phat stuff) and reading her new book. AND...why haven't I seen her in any of the RocaWear clothes I've bought her?

Also, if I would have had more time I would have bought you something too. Stop buying the same clothes in different colors. Not fashionable. (:->

Ok, give Mak Diesel hugs & kisses for me and tell her I love her so much!!

Unknown said...

Congratulaltions you three!! Love you and miss you. - Erin Lane

Anonymous said...

You're slacking...pick it up G! I need some pics of my girl dammit!!

Anonymous said...

No one cares about the dam engagemnet anymore...pics of the princess is much more worth my time!!

Anonymous said...

hellO? just cus gramma n grampa are there doesnt mean u stop postin pix of my baby. the other side of the fam needs to see her too!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How romantic is that man of yours!

I miss our conversations about all things baby! Can't wait for you to get back so we can hang out while Jake plays with all of Makayla's toys!